Spend some quiet time enjoying the serenity and beauty of Lake Michigan, Door County and our islands. Kayaking enthusiasts will find miles of pristine coastline and limitless open water. Grab a paddle and join the fun!
Download Kayak Guide
Our handy Kayaking Guide contains a list of approximate distances for popular kayaking routes, a listing of launching and landing sites and a helpful aerial map of the island.
- Seas may be short and choppy and the water cold. Fog is common. Always wear your PFD.
- Paddle with caution due to frequent ferry traffic and commercial shipping traffic.
- Rather than pushing your abilities, transport your kayak to the island on the ferry deck for a charge. There is no charge for car-top kayaks driven onto the ferry.
- If you paddle to Washington Island but would like your car ferried, please contact the ferry line ticket agent or captain for arrangements.
- Please respect the rights of shoreline property owners.
Back to top
Washington Island offers paddling opportunities for kayakers of all skill levels.
The island shoreline provides breathtaking views for kayakers.
Experience the island’s natural habitats from a canoe.
Kayakers off the shore near Plum Island’s Rear Range Light.
Open water offers advanced kayakers an added challenge.
Back to top