Spend some quiet time enjoying the serenity and beauty of Lake Michigan, Door County and our islands. Kayaking enthusiasts will find miles of pristine coastline and limitless open water. Grab a paddle and join the fun!
Our handy Kayaking Guide contains a list of approximate distances for popular kayaking routes, a listing of launching and landing sites and a helpful aerial map of the island.
- Seas may be short and choppy and the water cold. Fog is common. Always wear your PFD.
- Paddle with caution due to frequent ferry traffic and commercial shipping traffic.
- Rather than pushing your abilities, transport your kayak to the island on the ferry deck for a charge. There is no charge for car-top kayaks driven onto the ferry.
- If you paddle to Washington Island but would like your car ferried, please contact the ferry line ticket agent or captain for arrangements.
- Please respect the rights of shoreline property owners.